Author Topic: Share your DT200's tune up / jetting specs.  (Read 29603 times)

Offline Abominable

• Yama-Rookie
Re: Share your DT200's tune up / jetting specs.
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2016, 07:55:29 AM »
Hi Fanis,

Regarding the Pilot jet switch to a richer jet. I added up all the symptoms I was having and it seemed like I was running a bit lean between idle and 1/3 throttle. I think these symptoms we exaggerated by the fact that I had lowered the needle (I was running very rich in the middle of the rpm range). The richer pilot jet seems to be an improvement, but I need to get a bit more testing in. After I'm comfortable with what if going on on the bottom, I'll turn my attention to the main jet. I run mostly at an altitude of 1000-1500 m. I feel that the 140 is just about right (It was in the bike when I purchased it), but share the concern that it is "leaner than stock". I've had no overheating issues.

Offline King Zarkon

• Yama-Rookie
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2017, 06:19:56 AM »
Hey Everyone!

I originally posted this in another thread, but I wanted to chat for a minute about jetting.

I have a Canadian MY 1991 DT200R.  Yamaha Canada lists the model as DT200R(B) , model code 3MH3.

Some of you helped me resolve my problems with my crap running bike (see Canadian noob thread) for which I am incredibly grateful, as my bike is running 100x better than before.

Now, what I wanted to discuss from a jetting point of view, was air jet size, and needle clip position.  Referencing the parts catalogue I got from the site here, the air jet size is 1.4 - I had 0.5 installed.  I ordered and installed the 1.4 and the bike was instantly better.  My needle clip was set to the lowest position originally, but I raised it one on the advice of those posting in the thread. 

The questions that I have here are as follows:  the DT200R(W) 1989 service manual supplement on the site here lists the air jet size as 0.5 - different than parts diagram.  Also, some here have mentioned that second from top (not bottom) is the stock needle clip position.  The parts diagram does not specify needle position.  The manual supplement lists position 4, which, as per the Mikuni tuning guide I found here (http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.htm) should in fact be second from bottom.

What gives with the differences?  Could it be a regional thing (meaning Canadian models perhaps different)?  Just to rule it out, I checked the '89 DT200r(w) model parts diagram from Yamaha Canada, and it also lists air jet 1.4, not 0.5

Anyway, maybe it's something simple I'm missing here (being a noob and all) but I thought I'd bring it up in this thread.  Maybe wake it up a little bit  :P

Offline alex_d

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »
Better to keep this tread as for the SPECs ONLY instead for the discussion. For this just go to the DT200 section.
MC Motorcycle suicidal tendencies ;D