Author Topic: Want answers about DT200 problems fast, look in here.  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Glenngt750

• Yama-Rookie
Re: Want answers about DT200 problems fast, look in here.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 04:47:18 PM »
Suspension Upgrade: After installing heavier springs, front and rear, from Cannon Racecraft, as well as installing Race Tech Cartridge Emulators in the Forks, I am a very happy man! The install went well. I ended up with 88 m.m of rear sag. It now feels softer than my set up with the stock spring. I had to put full preload on that spring, which left no static sag. Now it has static sag! I believe for my fairly slow level of riding that the shock feels plush AND well controlled. May try to revalve it myself this winter. Also, the fork feels way better now. It was overly harsh yet too soft at times before. Now, it is still plush yet well controlled. Somehow, it feels softer, but is able to absorb washboard ripples, larger bumps, etc., well beeing well controlled. A worthwhile modification.
   The people at Cannon Racecrafters are the BEST! Quick service, reasonable prices, and they even gave me a free set of fork springs when the measurement I gave them for my fork springs was too big! It was all my fault, but they said they'd correct it, no charge! If you need springs, for anything, I'd recommend them.
   Race Tech, on the other hand, were complete Jerks, to put it mildly. The lady I had dealt with lied to me, on several occasions, said she'd send me the correct springs, then "Forgot", for 5 weeks, until I called her back, then said I'd have to buy them! After an arguement, she relented. Their information on their website says the emulators are supposed to come with a set of optional springs, for the valves, but did not. Again, I was told to buy them! The are like a 1" long spring! Grrr! Then, there is a code to punch in the website, to get a specific set of set up parameters. It never worked. When I told them this I once again had to argue to get a working code! I believe the package I rec'd was a returned set. Hence the missing springs and used code. They never saw it that way. In the future, I will try my best to source parts from someone else.
From:Edmonton, AB. Canada. Bike(s): 1990 Yamaha DT200R, 2006 Honda GL1800A, 1977 Suzuki GT750, 1985 Honda VF750FF, 1987 Honda VFR700F2.

Offline Glenngt750

• Yama-Rookie
Re: Want answers about DT200 problems fast, look in here.
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 04:51:54 AM »
1990 Yamaha DT200R Suspension. After installing a heavier shock spring and setting the sag for my weight, I have to say it is working excellent.
   I also made sure the nitrogen pressure was at the correct pressure. I'd recommend that as a starting point, if your rear suspension is not working well. I had zero p.s.i. left, meaning that my damping was non existent. I once did a wheelie off of a ledge, so that I could land on both wheels at the same time. Wheelie worked well, but upon landing I compressed the suspension and was thrown out of the seat and off the bike! No rebound damping! After recharging the shock, way better. Then, when I went to the heavier spring it is now excellent. Damping is good. The shock is able to control the heavier spring just fine.
From:Edmonton, AB. Canada. Bike(s): 1990 Yamaha DT200R, 2006 Honda GL1800A, 1977 Suzuki GT750, 1985 Honda VF750FF, 1987 Honda VFR700F2.