Author Topic: WR 200 Headlight  (Read 397 times)

Offline trisb

• Yama-Pupil
WR 200 Headlight
« on: April 21, 2019, 11:49:22 AM »
Hi all,

I need to replace my headlight lens and unfortunately they are now unavailable to buy.  Does anybody know if another model headlight will fit? 

Thank in advance

Tristan

Offline enduras_wr200

• Yama-God
  • Heavy Metal is the Law!
Re: WR 200 Headlight
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:04 PM »
   Do you need only the lens or the complete headlight? I'm asking because the lens is the same on the "dirt only" DR350, RMX250, TSR200 and the Japanese version (maybe australian version too) of DT200R, DT125R first models, with the small headlight. I think one of these models is exactly the same as the WR assembly. The others have different "ears" to fit the shrouds. I'll get back with more info tomorrow if I get some quality time at the garage!

Cheers, Fanis

Offline trisb

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:57:54 PM »
Hi Fanis,

I only need the lens.

Thanks

Offline enduras_wr200

• Yama-God
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 07:38:29 AM »
   Sorry mate, I haven't had the time to go check, I'm pretty sure what I mentioned is correct as far as the lens is concerned but give me some time to go and check again. However I don't know if you can order a lens as a part, maybe just buy some second hand headlight and go with the replacement.... I remember a friend of mine had glued a properly cut piece of cd case on his headlight after a stone made its way through his original one. I'll be back with more info soon (ish)!

Cheers, Fanis

Offline enduras_wr200

• Yama-God
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 02:27:06 AM »
   Well, I just found the time and convinced my little helpers to spend some time in the garage...results are almost as I remembered. The number on the WR200 lens is 110-31560, the brand is KOITO or KOTTO, I can't be sure. The same number is on my DT200R, RMX250S headlights, also the same on a Honda headlight that has found its way to my stash, most probably off a CRM250R (most probably the same on the early XR/XLRs). The DR350 is different although the same in dimensions, most probably because it's made of glass instead of plastic. BUT, the DT200R/125R headlight is different to the WR/RMX headlight in that it has different brackets to bolt onto the shroud. So, if you're sure it's only the lens you're after, there is a number of second hand headlights to get one.

Cheers, Fanis

Offline trisb

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »
Great, thanks so much for your help, very much appreciate it.  I will see what i can find on the used market other wise it will have to be a piece of perspex.

Thanks again,

Tristan