Author Topic: Wr200 cutting out at high revs  (Read 1460 times)

Offline wishiwas16again

• Yama-Rookie
Re: Wr200 cutting out at high revs
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 05:50:43 AM »
Are the Pilot jet and Needle the stock items do you know?

Offline tyman212

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 07:48:49 AM »
Are the Pilot jet and Needle the stock items do you know?

Yep. Carb has all stock jets and is set as the service manual says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dont

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 08:18:39 AM »
Is it std or accessory pipe? How much "opened up" is the filter box?
I had a dt200r with accessory pipe, larger main jet and filter box inlet snorkel removed but it ran best with a short large diameter snorkel added.
I'd have thought if it reves out clean at 3/4 throt but plays up at wot then it would not be electrical. Gemeral rule I was taught is to go main jet slightly rich if next down size is slightly lean. At the throt pos where it starts to play up, if you roll throt on and off just around that point is it better one way worse the other as mix will go slightly lean as you roll on slightly rich as you roll off. (seat of pants test)
What goes up must come down, unless you broke a 'rod 😞

Offline mikeyvet

• Yama-Idol
  • Moss Vale Australia
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
Did you clean the carb out?

On a DT200R a blocked emulsion tube can do that, so can a blocked passage in the float bowl to the power jet.

Offline froidy

• Yama-Cheese
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 03:50:34 PM »
Hi all,
My dad and I are having the same issue with ours. I will be following this thread with interest.
He would probably know more of the technical details but he has fully disassembled the carb and cleaned out every hole and piece he can find.
The top has been cut out of the airbox also.
Cheers Leigh

Offline tyman212

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 02:27:09 PM »
Carb is clean, the emulsion tube had the most chalky stuff on it, so purhaps I need to pull that out and let it soak in carb cleaner. I cleaned it as good as I could but I don?t think I got everything out of it.

Has fmf pipe and pro circuit silencer. Air box is opened up lots, snorkel cut out, holes drilled in the side.

Offline tyman212

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 01:01:51 PM »
Got a chance to work on the bike again. Pulled the carb, made sure the emulsion tube was clean. Installed a new needle and seat and had to reset the float height. Everything is stock on the carb except for a 220 main jet.

Wondering if the power jet could be giving me issues. The passage ways are clear for it and the hose is in good shape, is there any different power jets I could get for it?

Have also considered pinching the hose to the power jet and seeing if that changes anything.

I?m convinced it?s the carb, with the new needle and seat it seems to be worse. Making me wonder if I?m actually still too rich.

My altitude is 2400 ft. I?m assuming the service manual spec is for sea level.

Offline killindini1

• Yama-God
  • IT200L IT200S SDR200 WR250Z 1992
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »
My SDR200 was doing the same thing,
Started down the carburettor route, as it wouldn't miss in the lower gears only in top gear at 110klmh.
Turned out it was a perfect looking plug cap that was faulty.
Bought a new one, as well as a new coil, runs perfectly now. Don't get too hung up on carburetion, try some simple electrical solutions as well.
Good luck.
Cheers,
Steve.
Beer is more than just a breakfast drink

Offline Spannerz

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2019, 07:20:08 PM »
I'm still on the electrical fault opinion.  As the revs get up the frequency of the spark gets closer to DC and this is where a lot of output faults can happen.   

Check spark plug, type, gap and that its the correct coil, if you haven't already.
YFS200 Blaster
WR200 Yamaha
XL200RD Honda
WR300 Husqvarna

Offline tyman212

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
I plugged the hose going to the power jet, and it ran great, so I am too rich on the main still. Went down to a 200 and it?s better but not perfect. So I?m going to keep dropping the main till it cleans up.