Author Topic: Lectron carb on YZ 465 motor / WR 250 frame project  (Read 338 times)

Offline storie585

• Yama-Hero
  • 83 IT 490
Lectron carb on YZ 465 motor / WR 250 frame project
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:06:25 AM »
I?m currently running a TMX carb off a 2002 CR250. I just ?completed? the project and I?m waiting for the weather to break. The TMX carb seemed to work pretty well. I rebuilt the carb, o rings, new needle & seat. Set the float height.. set the jetting the best I could considering it was a 60 degree day.. the only issue I see now is that it likes to puke gas once n a while. I read that it?s a common problem.. with that said. I have read that some on this site like the lectron carbs. They seem pretty pricey.. but if it will dial in easily I?d consider it. So far I think I got pretty lucky with this build. The pipe was constructed from a Honda CR250 pro circuit pipe and stock 2000?s YZ250 silencer. The cylinder is 86mm with significant port work. so obviously all this will affect the jetting. Where should I start if I pursue the lectron carb?
Dave

Offline sweede490

• Yama-God
Re: Lectron carb on YZ 465 motor / WR 250 frame project
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 02:54:51 PM »

Hi Dave , I brought one for my IT they are a big improvement on a worn out stock mikuni
                I just went to their website and ordered it they ask what over size and exhaust
                Your using and they set it up to suit , for memory you need stock reeds and
                Intake no spacer blocks . Give them a call they are pretty helpful

Muzz

Offline storie585

• Yama-Hero
  • 83 IT 490
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:38:56 PM »
Ok , thank you. I have limited space & I don?t want to keep guessing. I?ll save my pennies and give them a shout.
Dave

Offline T.RexRacing

• Yama-Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 01:32:41 AM »
Without a proper pipe you may have issues no matter what carb you employ. Combine that with the portwork and anything's possible. However Lectron is a great carb. When you order a Lectron they will ask questions and provide what they think will deliver proper fueling. And they are right more often than not. Trust them and listen to their advice.
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline storie585

• Yama-Hero
  • 83 IT 490
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
I appreciate the input. Weather is gonna break in a month.. the whole project has been a crap shoot. It has all fallen in place pretty good believe it or not.. so maybe I?ll get lucky with the carb. I?ll definitely call them when I do it. I?m not guessing on that..
Dave