Author Topic: 1971 Suzuki TS90 Honcho  (Read 343 times)

Offline knappyfeet

• Yama-Pupil
1971 Suzuki TS90 Honcho
« on: January 12, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
I got this 71 Suzuki Honcho to keep my little HT-1 company.  My wife is going to learn on it so for now it stays the way it is.  When I got it I needed to do some stuff to it like new shocks, forks,etc.....and all the general things  that go into getting it back into running condition.  It's still not finished but for now it will work

It's quite peppy.  It feels bigger compared to the yamaha and feels more powerful as well. New tires make a world of difference....even cheap ones. It's very easy to ride with nice and easy clutch pull.....good for a beginner. 

The last picture is of it when I just brought it home.

Online Martin I Henry

• Yama-God
  • Europe
    • Dave's Bikes
Re: 1971 Suzuki TS90 Honcho
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 02:37:34 AM »

I like that little Suzuki!

I've got a 1975 Kawasaki MC1B that used to belong to my Mum:

It's quite 'tired' but is a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Dave R.

Offline dont

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:06:05 AM »
Very cute bikes. I saw a similar sexuki at a "tiddlers rally" recently, my favourite bike there. I think it had hi/lo range drive - pretty handy on the little fellas. I thought I'd look around for one, but I've since forgotten that quest, so thanks for the reminder 😁
What goes up must come down, unless you broke a 'rod 😞

Offline knappyfeet

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »
Sorry about that dont.........didn't mean,to get you going.  That happens to me all the time

That's a nice little kawi Martin Henry! 

I have no special relation to the year 1971 but....since I have a 71 Yamaha 90 and this 71 Suzuki 90...that all go into my 1971 Chevrolet El Camino....I would like to get a same year/size kawi and honda....just because.  Honda would have to be a CL100 and probably a Kawasaki Trail pro 100 as the little bushmaster 90 seems more street oriented.  Maybe I'm getting the names mixed up but then it would be a 1971 little bike party.

After my wife feels comfortable on the Honcho it may  get restored like the HT-1