Author Topic: Boost bottle pipe  (Read 369 times)

Offline Ed Lou

• Yama-Pupil
Boost bottle pipe
« on: January 06, 2019, 09:24:53 AM »
Anyone know of a replacement pipe off a car or bike with a better shape pipe for the boost pipe, similar to the IT250K?

Offline storie585

• Yama-Hero
  • 83 IT 490
Re: Boost bottle pipe
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:34:23 PM »
????
Dave

Offline Martin I Henry

• Yama-God
  • Europe
    • Dave's Bikes
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »

Anyone know of a replacement pipe off a car or bike with a better shape pipe for the boost pipe, similar to the IT250K?

Can you post-up a bit more info on what the issue is?

Cheers,

Dave R.

Offline Texas149

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:08:50 AM »
Can you post-up a bit more info on what the issue is?

Cheers,

Dave R.

I think the 'problem' might be that the pipe is a standard section of hose as opposed to a specific shaped hose and his concern was the spigot pipe in the rubber inlet manifold being under strain from a straight section of hose that is fitted in a arc posistion.
See his earlier post. http://www.yamahait.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=24443.0

Paul m.
Ring-a-ding-ding-ding.......you know the rest.      IT465j (from new 1982) DR600S (1984 Italian Import)

Offline fatterhatter

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »
Heat the pipe and mould the pipe to the shape you want ? Put a spring inside to help it change ? Old hard rubber will probably put more pressure on his spigot !

I havent really seen any benefit from the boost bottle, I think it causes more damage to the engine than its worth. Cleaning the boost bottle is damn near impossible after a blow up, bits of metal and crud find there way in and destroy your newly rebuilt engine. Hours of cleaning and it would still be giving bits ! Even when submerged in solvent in an ultrasonic tank i couldnt get it clean, so i didnt use it.

Offline Ed Lou

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:36 AM »
Yeah that?s it, the original pipe puts pressure on the spiggot causing pressure on the intake manifold.

Offline Texas149

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 06:58:27 AM »
Please note that 'jubilee' or worm drive fasteners are not ideal for connections that may be subjected to some movement or 'give' ie rubber hoses, They get tightened down to a fixed posistion and then this does not alter when the connection is in use, what does alter is the amount of crushing that the rubber hose gets and if over tightened it may even cause distortion to the underlying spigot. I have seen plastic throttle bodies distorted so much the throttle valve was hindered!
The ideal clip would be a spring type that is suited to the size of hose and then this will exert the correct amount of holding force but still have some 'give'. (Like the one on the rubber hose)

Paul m.
Ring-a-ding-ding-ding.......you know the rest.      IT465j (from new 1982) DR600S (1984 Italian Import)