Author Topic: MOONSHINE VINDURO AKATARAWA, NZ vinduro series round 1  (Read 247 times)

Offline freejack

• Yama-Pupil
  • it 175k, 88 tzr250, Husky 09 wb165,14 beta evo 300
MOONSHINE VINDURO AKATARAWA, NZ vinduro series round 1
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
Back a few months when i saw it advertised I decided I had better support this one especially as its pretty much on my doorstep,
It was held by the Kapi-mana motorcycle club & held alongside the central enduro series just with the hard bits taken out for us. In all there were 26 vinduro's & 23 modern's so a pretty good turn out.
Wellington turned on a an almost perfect riding day - sunny but a slight southerly just to keep the temperature down a bit, it had been dry all week so the slippery clay that worried most riders wouldn't pose much of a problem.
For those of you unfamiliar with the location it basically goes from the back of Paraparaumu on the Kapiti coast over to Upper-hutt & Karipoti (have a look on a map), its an amazing piece of ground. I ride this area during the summer on both the enduro & my trials bike almost every week, anyone ever visiting the area and wants to have some local knowledge for a ride just msg me.
Tyre of choice was a Moto Z Hybrid extreme, on the back(like a trials tyre with a harder longer knobbly)and it didn't let me down.
The course had everything from logging roads to lots of single track through bush, river crossings rocks & more rocks.
1st loop was a shortish 16ks of pretty technical & challenging terrain just to get us interested with a TT section thrown in then the second & main loop 36ks of hill climbs, slippery downhills, mud, rivers, more single track then back to slippery dry logging roads again.
Gold class repeated the 36k loop with many of the silver guys going for an extra loop as well.
All in all it was an excellent challenging technical ride with an interesting range of bikes and we all rode together splitting off for vinduro or A class tracks with TT sections added.
One of the stand out bikes was a 1960s Triumph Trophy desert sled, even though he wasn't able to complete the full course it was good to see him give it a go, well done.
Ive been looking for a new modern bike recently caught up with one of the modern riders who let me ride  his 10 hour old TE 300tpi Husky - simply stunning bike smoothest bike ive ever ridden fuel injection is defiantly the way of the future so have narrowed it down to Husky 300, TM 300, or Beta 300(if they go injection).
(picks to come)
Cheers
Alex
Beer is brain food