Author Topic: WR200 UK (Easy?) build project  (Read 946 times)

Offline wishiwas16again

• Yama-Pupil
Re: WR200 UK (Easy?) build project
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 03:38:59 AM »
Had to cut the bolt out in the end - the problem is that you can't hold the collar still while attempting to rotate the bolt  >:(  I was also nervous about using a lot of heat on/near the alloy linkage.
It's a PITA, but it's possible to get a cutting disc between the frame and the linkage - you need to cut it on both sides. 
I used a flywheel puller to press on the end of the bolt as it was obviously moving around once I'd cut one side off. 
I also used a dremel to grind the weld that stops the head rotating, this allowed me to turn the bolt every so often while cutting.
Looking at pictures and parts diagram it seems the early bikes had grease nipples on the linkage bolts and swingarm, they disappeared around 1995.  Whether these help to prevent this problem I don't know, but they seem a good idea.  Either way, it would be a good idea to take this bolt out and grease it one in a while to avoid a repeat.

Offline wishiwas16again

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 03:44:19 AM »
Couldn't include all the images in one post - here's a version with grease nipples, there are two versions of this I've found, each using a different bolt with the nipple at opposite ends.
Seems none of the parts are available any longer.

Offline wishiwas16again

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 03:10:43 AM »
A bit of work needed on the frame - small crack on one the joints, but easily fixed.  Side stand and frame built up a bit with some weld and re-ground to get rid of some of the excess free play.  Frame, stand and spring all ready for powder coating.

Offline wishiwas16again

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 04:12:01 AM »
Back from the powder coat shop  :)

Offline wishiwas16again

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 04:15:45 AM »
And a growing collection of new old stock...