Author Topic: 250g rear arm  (Read 405 times)

Offline BikeNut

• Yama-Pupil
250g rear arm
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm chasing some info on the rear arm bearings/ bushes etc for a 1980 it250.  The ones in my bike work ok? but the pivot bolt keeps working its way loose (it is a bit worn)  and the whole setup doesn't look quite right. When I've pulled it apart it appears to be pieced together from non genuine/original components as some of the bits I have don't match the parts diagram.  I have been looking at the rebuild kits on eBay but none seem to list my model.  Does this bike share the same parts as other models?

Cheers

Offline Devondan

• Yama-God
Re: 250g rear arm
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 02:40:20 AM »
Which bits do you want? Motoduro do the top pin and bush, and as far as I know allballs do a bearing kit, but note it has thrust washers rather than a funny sidewards bearing!
IT  400D - Trail riding
74 Montesa Cappra - Racing
YZ250 H - Racing
Norton ES2 500 trials
Norton 250 Jubilee - Road
Norton 350 Navigator (in boxes)
Norton 350 Single M50 (in boxes)

Offline BikeNut

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »
Im planning on changing the lot.

I've got the top part of the arm sorted and  I think I've sourced a new pivot bolt.  I've rang All Balls but they don't have a listing for the G model and didn't have a recommendation. I've also chased a couple of other mobs but got the same answer.

If I can't get a rebuild kit for my model I would like to get one that  will have as many of the parts in it as I can. Then I'll try and source the rest. My problem is that I'm not sure which kits will fit?  My current setup has a mix of brass and nylon bushes, some covers with no seals,  a couple of needle thrust bearings that look the wrong size and a washer.  I'm assuming it none of it, other than the covers are original., which makes for a bit of guess work trying to figure out some sizes, spacing etc.

Offline fred99999au

• Yama-God
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »
funny sidewards bearing

Fyi, they are a torrington bearing if you need to ask for one.

BikeNut, maybe have a look at a site like boats.net or partzilla and see what other years and parts interchange with the parts you need.

Yamaha is a parts bin manufacturer and reuse many smaller parts across man many models of bike.

Offline Bigshorts

• Yama-God
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:30:51 AM »

looks like the nylon bush, bearing, seals etc are all still available at  http://store.speedandsportinc.com/

you could inquire with them about the solid bush, thee guys are the fastest shippers in my experience

Shorts

When someone hands you a flyer, its like they are saying Here, you throw this away.

IT200 IT490 WR2500 IT175G x2  Ariel Red Hunter .. lots of parts unknown

Offline Devondan

• Yama-God
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 05:48:12 PM »
All balls aren’t very good at listing the bikes they cover, they don’t list a fork kit for the Yz250H but they sell one! 

They list a kit for the YZ 250F which I expect will be pretty similar to the IT250G do a cross ref on the partzilla website and see if the parts are the same, the bearings certainly are.

Dan
IT  400D - Trail riding
74 Montesa Cappra - Racing
YZ250 H - Racing
Norton ES2 500 trials
Norton 250 Jubilee - Road
Norton 350 Navigator (in boxes)
Norton 350 Single M50 (in boxes)

Offline BikeNut

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
Thanks chaps,

You've pointed me in the right direction. Ive found some of what I'm after. Definitely have a clearer idea of where I need to be looking.

Cheers