Author Topic: WMCC Trial 22-4-18  (Read 312 times)

Offline oldbiker

• Yama-God
WMCC Trial 22-4-18
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:50:20 PM »
Just a quickie....
5 laps of 8 sections on this magnificent property outside of Kiama, NSW.
I checked out some of the sections before the trials and thought...faaark its gunna be hard today! Started out pretty well, bike going bl__dy perfect, and keeping the modern bikes honest. I dropped a stupid 5 points (max points lost in a section) due to the rear tyre sliding on a hidden tree root on a steep off camber hill..The next section wasnt any better, off camber onto a very steep hill with foot high tree roots to ride up and over, no worries I got through without any points lost...Happy!
Over the next 2 laps I was settling into a good rhythm and the other blokes with me shook their heads as I was getting better scores than them. Good fun!

Stopped after the 3rd lap for a bite to eat and a few drinks. Had a chat about the sections and where we 3 could improve. After lunch and as I was starting the TY250, I snapped the 'knuckle' post on the kickstarter.....F***, I said...Oh bugger its snapped..trial over for me. Of course I could have roll started it and kept going, but the chance of stalling the bike in section or even between the sections was very high. I decided to call it quits and for the 2nd or 3rd time in 34 years of comp trials I dnf'd.
The lowerback is a major worry and have to look out damaging it further. So Im out looking for another complete kickstart for the TY now..
Looked at the pointscore today and it looks like I still have a good chance at a dust collector. im coming 4th in Clubman Grade and only 8 points in it to 2nd place!!
Stand up you fool!

Offline oldbiker

• Yama-God
Re: WMCC Trial 22-4-18
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »
as it turned out I finished 5th for the year, a total surprise for me! The TY250 is back and firing well and it will be used again next year in local and State comps.
Stand up you fool!