Author Topic: the TY250 in comps for 2018  (Read 565 times)

Offline oldbiker

• Yama-God
the TY250 in comps for 2018
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »
evenin peoples,
my little TY250 will be out in force once again for this years comps! Greg Henry rebuilt the bottom end for me last year and did a bl__dy good job too!

1st comp was last weekend in 40C heat and hot winds, the bike went well, the rider less so. I dropped 28 points and came 4th for the day in Clubman Grade. Just 1 section had me stuffed, all I had to do is ride up a 4ft step, easy as...normally! The lowerback has been troubling me for a couple of weeks now and it really hit home how bad it was and the muscles spasmed and my legs felt like jelly, and didnt make the end of the section!!! It happened the next time on the following lap! So I took maximum points lost of 5 points for each the last 2 laps, for a maximum unnecessary points lost on this one section to 20! IF I completed the section each time I would have had a 0 instead of a 5, so I would have had 8 points lost instead of 28!!

Oh well, lesson learnt and onto the next trial at Kiama on the 23rd April. I gotta do it better there and get points on the board!
Stand up you fool!

Offline enduras_wr200

• Yama-God
  • Heavy Metal is the Law!
Re: the TY250 in comps for 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:12:21 AM »
   Hi there Stu! Nice to hear you're still in action! Bad luck about the 28 points lost, I'm sure you'll get better next time! Hopefully the lowerback won't trouble you any more! Keep us informed mate, and never forget pictures are always welcomed here!

Cheers, Fanis

Offline sweede490

• Yama-God
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »

Good on you Stu , glad to hear the TY is running well

Don’t worry about the points I’m sure you’ll sort them out
  Best you get onto that back and get a rub up ... remember happy endings are only optional  :)

Muzz

Offline oldbiker

• Yama-God
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »
thank Swede Ill remember that.
Further to the back problems...
I have a bridging happening between 2 vertebrae(fusing) about mid back and another starting on the left hip and joints near the spine. Its this sh_t arthritic disease I have, and my spine will eventually fuse. So IF you see me stopped on the Course at Cooka or elsewhere and im standing..Im ok just needing a breather. If Im not standing, just kick me in the creek, Ill be right, I love the country!
Ill be competing om the TY this year as much as I can and Im out for another dust collector, I just gotta, im not giving up just yet!
Next trial is on the 22nd April at Kiama, come on and see us nutters in action if you are near
Stand up you fool!