Author Topic: IT465J 1982 for sale in the UK  (Read 851 times)

Offline Specialshoe

• Yama-Cheese
IT465J 1982 for sale in the UK
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:19:55 PM »
I am hesitantly putting my 1982 IT465J up for sale - its too big and brawny for me - is on my 'bike bucket list' but honestly I can't really ride it

Great condition throughout, starts, tops, runs and rides, UK only correct ali tank, it was a US import then restored on these shores. Many new parts including chain, sprockets, tyres, brakes, powder coat frame etc etc. UK Road registered with V5 and current MOT. A few bits and pieces with it such as poor condition original rear mudguard, and a few other bits and bobs.

Engine is healthy and strong and I have just bronze bushed the kickstart shaft in the clutch cover.

Location south east England UK

£4,150 or near offer

07734 832720 Peter

Offline Martin I Henry

• Yama-God
  • Europe
    • Dave's Bikes
Re: IT465J 1982 for sale in the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:37:14 PM »

I'd post-up some more photos if you want it to sell.

At the moment the UK is awash with imported IT's and your price is still a bit high in my opinion.

Selling stuff can sometimes be about first impressions.
So, get your fork gaitors to fit properly, assuming that the forks are pushed through the yokes until at least 50mm is poking out the top.
Ditch the rear view mirror for the sale photo.
See if you can find a nicer looking rear mudguard. Those M Robert items are more functional, but look wrong on a bike at your price.
The alloy tank, whilst practical, is pretty ugly. Do you have a plastic item for the photo ?

In your favour, is the fact that the bike is road registered and has a current MOT. That's worth £££ !

If I had the money, I'd take it away !

Cheers,

Dave.

Offline Specialshoe

• Yama-Cheese
Re: IT465J 1982 for sale in the UK
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 10:11:22 PM »
sold !

Offline Martin I Henry

• Yama-God
  • Europe
    • Dave's Bikes