Author Topic: Rebuild time! Where to start?  (Read 386 times)

Offline JDS88

• Yama-Pupil
Rebuild time! Where to start?
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:10:39 PM »
Hey all!

So after riding the hell out of my IT200 for the last couple of years I decided to install a fresh piston but upon further inspection it looks to need a full rebuild. I have never done this before but I'm confidant I can complete the task though, I have a few questions regarding parts. Whenever I do searches for bearings, seals and such I always end up finding Blaster parts. Now I know there are a few similarities between the models but what bits are compatible and which are not?

I would really appreciate some help as I wanna do this right.

1986YamahaIT200 1977HusqvarnaWR360 1972SuzukiTM250 2017TriumphBonneville

Offline high voltage

• Yama-Legend
Re: Rebuild time! Where to start?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
i got all the seals gaskets  from partzilla in the us ..
the bearings can be bought from a bearing shop however I also ordered genuine needle bearings from the US for the clutch actuator etc to make sure I got the correct ones !
most bearings have a number stamped in them to identify the size etc
so do seals I guess but I ordered genuine so that I received correct ones....

Offline Cooky375

• Yama-Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
I like using genuine seals and gaskets, I find www.partzilla.com works out the cheapest even with postage if you buy the lot for a complete engine rebuild. Bearings I go to the local bearing shop with part numbers off the bearings I am replacing.

Offline JDS88

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:47:16 AM »
Sweet. Thanks guys. As for engine paint what do you all use? I've been recommended paint that you cure in an oven and is pretty durable but there was no mention of particular brands ect.
1986YamahaIT200 1977HusqvarnaWR360 1972SuzukiTM250 2017TriumphBonneville