Author Topic: Autolube pump leak  (Read 2862 times)

Offline killindini1

• Yama-God
  • IT200L IT200S SDR200 WR250Z 1992
Re: Autolube pump leak
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 05:33:01 PM »
My SDR200  Has a DT200R engine,or very similar to it.
The manual says to set up the oil pump to deliver 0.5l of oil per 400klm.
So hook a bottle up to the delivery line and go ride 10-20klm's, measure the amount of oil in the bottle and do the math.

Cheers
Steve.
Beer is more than just a breakfast drink

Offline Strongarm

• Yama-Cheese
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
Yamaha doesn't list repair parts but Yambits does list an oil pump repair kit for a bunch of models and while they don't list a dt175 kit they all look the same and I bet they would fit. If you get one let me know if it works.
I have a 1988 DT175 I'm getting ready to take on the scrapheap adventure ride in October. It also has a leaking autolube pump, appears to be leaking around the front shaft behind where the throttle cable attaches.
As Yambits don't list a kit for the DT175, has anyone tried a kit from one of the other models and can confirm weather it will fit?
Cheers Ian

Offline mikeyvet

• Yama-Idol
  • Moss Vale Australia
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 10:56:33 AM »
The kits are all the same, and come with a variety of seals, most of which didn't  get used in my DT200. I'd be super surprised if they didn't fit.

I've got a kit at home I intend to use on a DT175.

If you do order one get the clear oil line as well so you can see if the pump is working.

And make sure if you rebuild the pump to have a nice clear area, there's all sorts of springs in there, and make triple sure the small shaft seal seats properly, if it doesn't it will move up and down with the shaft and the pump won't pump oil.

Offline Strongarm

• Yama-Cheese
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 07:14:57 AM »
Thanks Mikeyvet, that gives me a bit more confidence to go ahead and order the parts.
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/mc-how-to/yamaha-autolube-zmmz16jazhur here are some instructions I found on how to rebuild the pump.

Offline mikeyvet

• Yama-Idol
  • Moss Vale Australia
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
I think they are the instructions I followed first time, I've done three DT200 pumps.

My top tips: make note of the orientation of the cover to the body and which way in the seals are as you disassemble the pump,  make sure the seal in step 9 of the instructions is seated all the way down, grow an extra hand to make holding the plunger in the pump cover easier as you install it, and make sure the seal in step 9 is properly seated.

Oh, and when you replace the seal in step 9 it's important that it seats properly and is secure and lubricated.

Offline amongsteucalypts

• Yama-Pupil
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 03:55:53 PM »
I have a 1988 DT175 I'm getting ready to take on the scrapheap adventure ride in October. It also has a leaking autolube pump, appears to be leaking around the front shaft behind where the throttle cable attaches.
As Yambits don't list a kit for the DT175, has anyone tried a kit from one of the other models and can confirm weather it will fit?
Cheers Ian
See ya at scrapheap mate ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline dont

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 08:23:32 AM »
Those that have done dt200r oil pumps, did any of you find the cam/cap had worn the body where it sits and nolonger correctly aligns making the stroke longer (as it tilts away from the pin the cam follows)? If so what did you do?
What goes up must come down, unless you broke a 'rod 😞

Offline mikeyvet

• Yama-Idol
  • Moss Vale Australia
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 05:03:25 PM »
When you say the cam/cap do you mean the black pulley that the throttle cable pulls around?

I just had a look at one of mine and there is only about 1mm movement at the edges of the pulley, maybe 1/2 mm movement at the stopper for the adjust plate so a pretty snug fit.

I guess you could add shims under the adjust plate to get more clearance or maybe pack out the shaft the pulley goes over where it's worn.

I'd be trying to get a new pump.

Offline Strongarm

• Yama-Cheese
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »
Cheers Ian
Well I purchased the seal kit from Yambits and can confirm they will fit an 88 DT175. I also purchased some clear tube and can see the oil being pumped so it looks like I've had a win. ;)