Author Topic: Harko's New 465 resto page  (Read 8275 times)

Offline Cooky375

• Yama-Hero
Re: Harko's New 465 resto page
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »

well done big fella, my garage has been mental and pain relief for a few years now  :) add in a beer fridge and its an island paradise .. ;D :D

Haha 👍 yes it is.

Offline harko

• Yama-God
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2019, 03:16:45 PM »
Hello all, I have a question. I had the Piston and cylinder measured recently. The Piston is one size over 0.25 and the cylinder was close to spec for

it but it had variances in places. I was told it'd be okay , probably, most likely. Get a new piston (same size) and see how it goes.

Im in two minds, being a tight ar_e Im not liking the outcome of buying two new pistons , one for the 0.25 replacement and if that doesnt work

a 0.5 new piston. Im leaning towards new piston 0.5 / rebore. This is only 2nd oversize so has plenty of meat left. Ive pretty much answered my

Qand talked myself around. Another Question Wiseco? Looking for a general consensus here fellas, you know I'll procrastinate over this for

months and I need to harness this new go forward .

Harko
Harko

Offline Cooky375

• Yama-Hero
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »
If the piston is still good and the barrel is close to spec I would run a new set of rings and ride the bike and get it running well and set up first to see if it needed money spent in other areas. A slightly worn barrel is not going to effect anything greatly and who needs max power out of a 465.

Offline Martin I Henry

• Yama-God
  • Europe
    • Dave's Bikes
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2019, 05:54:47 PM »

As above, get new rings and ride!

Cheers,
Dave.

Online sweede490

• Yama-God
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2019, 06:47:35 PM »

If the piston measures up Harko , just hone and new ring like the guys said

As far as piston choice goes I prefer genuine first , you can still find them on eBay ect
The down side with Wiscoe is they go up in .5 only which shortens the cyl life .. just my 2c  :)

I?ve been told that pro-x pistons are made by the same company that made all the pistons for
 The main Japanese manufactures and are a good product
 Although I dont know if it?s correct or not someone might be able to shed some light on that

Muzz

Offline wayne61

• Yama-God
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2019, 07:32:08 PM »
You see, the thing is Harkster, you made your mistake at the beginning.
You had it measured.
If you hadn't done that then you could have put it back together in blissful ignorance and lived happily ever after.

;D ;D ;D

(Why is it that when I want to write the word that describes being full of bliss, I have to leave off the second l of full to be blissful? Seriously, WTF is up with that?..)
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

GRIP AND RIP CRAIG AND CHRISSO!!!

Offline harko

• Yama-God
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:29 PM »
 I'll get some rings and take it from there.

Thanks for the input, I was Blissfully unaware of the Wiseco .5 increments. I was out at Rk engineering and he was re sleeving a cylinder for a CR .

Does a great job so Im sure that could be an option for the next user as I cant see this one wearing out from my use.

Harko
Harko

Offline Bigshorts

• Yama-God
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »

bring the barrel over and i will run the hone through it if you like

Shorts
When someone hands you a flyer, its like they are saying Here, you throw this away.

IT200 IT490 WR2500 IT175G x2  Ariel Red Hunter .. lots of parts unknown

Offline fred99999au

• Yama-God
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »
Wheelbarrow and I had some cylinders Nikasil plated year before last. He rode the 250J around Cooka a few times, but some pressing reasons meant he needed to sell at Cooka.

Seemed to go Ok. I still have the IT200 cylinder to install...

Offline harko

• Yama-God
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »
Thanks Shorts, will do. I have a wiring loom as well. It looks pretty good, it seems to be attached to the Barrel so I'll have to bring that over . Ive tried nothing to seperate it and nothings not working.

Give a man an inch and he takes a yard.

Harko
Harko