Author Topic: DT230 Engine  (Read 1774 times)

Offline alex_d

• Yama-Idol
Re: DT230 Engine
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »
from what I know dt230 has the same air-filter as dt125/dt200 - r and tiny airbox volume.

so 30mm carb sound to me as the biggest size.
MC Motorcycle suicidal tendencies ;D

Offline Tanis

• Yama-Hero
Re: DT230 Engine
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 09:40:12 PM »
   Yes, it will, exactly like the original one! A great upgrade as long as the cylinder is in decent condition. The DT230 engine is the same as the DT200WR/WR200 with longer stroke. They share the same pistons. And outwardly all 3 models (DT230, DT200R, DT200WR/WR200) have the same engine cases, So they mount the same. One thing I have no idea about is what happens with the TPS (throttle position sensor) and the cdi. But I guess you can somehow cheat it. And keep in mind you have to get at least a 30mm carb, DT200R has a 28 one (I guess it can be jetted accordingly, but better safe than sorry)

Cheers, Fanis

excellent information thanks!

I wasn't aware that the dt230 had a TPS, sounds like a throttle and a carburetor from at dt230 would be the easy way out. Depending on how or if the tps feeds back to the cdi or if it does some electrical work would be required if i used another carburetor?  I have a couple of dt200r engines but there both in need of serious work which i don't have the time for at the moment. But one day soon it will rain and ill score a day to play in the shed :) another reason to pray for rain. 

You threw it out i picked it up and fixed it.