Author Topic: Terry Hay's sh_t Treatment.  (Read 1527 times)

Offline fred99999au

• Yama-God
Terry Hay's sh_t Treatment.
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
Hi All. So pi__ed off that I need to vent. Many times.

Doing a refurb on my IT200L and reading a lot about the benefits of properly tuned suspension coupled with cartridge emulators in shocks and forks.

I bought a set of RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators (well 2 actually, one for the 200L and one for the 250K) and then started looking into spring rates and shock rebuild parts from RacetTech  as well.

I rang the Aussie agent Terry Hay's Shock Treatment in Sydney and spoke with Jan about spring rates and rear shock rebuild parts. This would have been in May this year. Maybe earlier.

I ordered the springs that Jan suggested for forks and shock, even though they were different to the RaceTech calculator values, I ordered a seal head and seals for the shock and the collar to fit the new spring.

All up it would have been between $500-$600 worth of kit plus shipping. I gave my credit card number,  postal detail and mobile number and expected a call when the shock collar arrived.

I rang the next week, "nope shock collar not in yet"

I rang the next week, "nope shock collar not in yet, should have a new shipment Thursday"

Then I thought I should just back off and let them do their thang, so I've left it for a few weeks.

Rang again this arvo and got the "nope shock collar not in yet".

So I said, "maybe I should just go to RaceTech themselves" and the response was "ok, you do that then. But they don’t have stock of the collar either, bye"

The collar is $30 or so. I have lost about 15 cents to the $USD in the exchange rate since this started and they have lost $500-600 worth of sales, except I  have more bikes here needing parts if this is as good as it is supposed to be and here I am on a forum venting about being given the run around.

And I did not receive one phone call in return.

Beware; unless you have a 2015 model whatever, your business is not wanted at Terry Hay's sh_t Treatment.

Offline ty4

• Yama-God
Re: Terry Hay's sh_t Treatment.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
get in touch with Ross Nimmo...he's only up the road from you and Very into vintage bikes

rosco's suspension is his buisiness name

Offline Jock

• Owner
  • Yama-God
    • Vinduro
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »
Others have spoken of Terry Hay over the years.

They said that Terry Hay is sh_t.

Very similar story to yours.... looks like you got the real 'shock' treatment and you were treated like poo by Terry Hay. Word on trail number 9 is that if you have a vintage bike, steer clear of Terry Hay. They probably prefer it that way as they couldn't be arsed with old machinery, they should just say no right from the get go. No point being a sh_t c_nt and stringing people along.

Terry Hay what a sh_t c_nt.

Offline 4V5

• Yama-God
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »
Sucks for you.

but it sucks for them worse. because when you google that now you'll get this

Terry Hay what a sh_t c_nt.

f__ken.

IT465x4 IT400C IT175F YZ465G YZ250C YZ250WR XJ650G RD350LC RD250LCx5 DT175Nx3 TW200x2 DT200L DT200R RT3 RX100G GT80F YZ80L PW50J KH250B1 KZ250D1 PE175C TS250ER TS185ER AG175B AG100

Offline Bigshorts

• Yama-God
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »

I second Ross Nimo, very helpfull, also Izzy out at suspension R us he machined a set set of collars for my IT, shame about

Terry Hay being sh_t ..  ;D
When someone hands you a flyer, its like they are saying Here, you throw this away.

IT200 IT490 WR2500 IT175G x2  Ariel Red Hunter .. lots of parts unknown

Offline harko

• Yama-God
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 05:43:05 PM »
I agree with Shorts, Izzy at Suspensions r us is great to deal with. mind you he talked and I nodded like a dill. All in all a great experience.

Shame Pete about your ordeal, I have never heard of Terry Hay but thanks for the heads up. I'll stick with someone who actually enjoys dealing with people and gets satisfaction out of working things out for older bikes.

Harko
Harko

Offline rosey250

• Yama-God
  • Me n Barbie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »
Roscoe did up my YZ shock - great results and excellent to deal with. He races in the Viper VMX series so he knows what works and what doesn't !
Major sponsor - Echuca Mazda BT-50