Author Topic: poor quality zinc plating.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
poor quality zinc plating.
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:35:23 PM »
Hi everyone. I have recently sent parts to a place called hunting Dale plating. Any way half the parts come back with nearly every kind of problem you can get with zinc plating. The spokes and nipples were not usable. Any way I complained and was told if I returned the parts they would rework and cover postage back . so I sent back again. Now at this point I am over 100 dollars down in postage. Anyway a very quick turn around of one week...bit different to the first time when I waited approx 2 months, and I have them back. can't believe it everything looks good except spokes and nipples. I let them know. He says send them back and will rework. I ask if he will help with postage and never hear back. absolutely disgusted. poor workmanship. no quality control. I have given up and ordered a set from Thailand. Fingers crossed.

Cheers scott
you cant beat the smell of 2stroke-on a cool morning-wen heading off on an adventure!

Offline Bigshorts

• Yama-God
Re: poor quality zinc plating.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »

that sux ! - I can tel l you from experience the Thai spokes and nipples are ok wouldnt buy any rims though !!

Shorts
When someone hands you a flyer, its like they are saying Here, you throw this away.

IT200 IT490 WR2500 IT175G x2  Ariel Red Hunter .. lots of parts unknown

Offline harko

• Yama-God
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:10:53 PM »
It's all about the nipples with you shorts.

Harko
Harko

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
  • To get ahead, it's one down, five up!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »
Sux...nipples....spokes....Thailand......hmmmm. I've heard there's a roaring trade in conversions over there.....  :D :D

...and I thought this thread was about restorations.  ::)
A bike in the bush is worth two in the shed!

BMW-BSA-Ducati-Honda-Kawasaki-Lambretta-Matchless-Norton-Suzuki-Triumph-Vespa-Yamaha.

Dirty Dozen '13 DR650SE - '90 DR650RS - '82 IT465J - '82 IT250J - '80 GT80G - '77 A100B - '76 DT100C - '76 TC125 - '75 TM75 - '73 MX80 -       '73 TC100K - '69 TC120-1

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
Yep well. I can add a few more words in...like shafted,ripped,and that sux. By the way my nipples have black spots on them. And lumps on my spoke.That can't be right. And my wallet just jumped out of my pocket and ran away because it was feeling abused and apparently had an empty feeling. I am just being truing. So I guess I will go dial in Thailand and hopefully spin the wheels. :P ::)

Cheers scott.
you cant beat the smell of 2stroke-on a cool morning-wen heading off on an adventure!