Author Topic: DT200WR - WR200 Seat Height differences  (Read 977 times)

Offline advent

• Yama-Cheese
DT200WR - WR200 Seat Height differences
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:31:44 AM »
Hi new here and on the look out for a DT/WR200 in the UK.

Can anyone tell me what makes the DT & WR have their height difference. I read that they have a different seat but were the forks or shock longer on the WR? or Shock linkages different?

I went to look at a DT200WR yesterday and being quite tall found the bike rather small in height. I wonder if it would be raised a little with different dog bones on the rear shock?

Thanks

Offline DODGY555

• Yama-Rookie
    • Classic Enduro
Re: DT200WR - WR200 Seat Height differences
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:44:27 AM »
I know this a old thread and ive checked the jetting all seems to be stock just want to know if any one knows the correct oil mixture im using motorex cross power 2t synthetic mixing 20ml per litre of fuel should i use a non synthetic and if so any ideas??
Swm Rs300r
Yamaha IT 490
Wr 250ZB
Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Offline scottydog1

• Yama-Cheese
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
Hi new here and on the look out for a DT/WR200 in the UK.

Can anyone tell me what makes the DT & WR have their height difference. I read that they have a different seat but were the forks or shock longer on the WR? or Shock linkages different?

I went to look at a DT200WR yesterday and being quite tall found the bike rather small in height. I wonder if it would be raised a little with different dog bones on the rear shock?

Thanks

ITs about 25mm difference I have a WR200 seat on my DT200WR straight fit  BTW also have the WR200 plastic tank on as well.

Offline enduras_wr200

• Yama-God
  • Heavy Metal is the Law!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:42:14 PM »
I know this a old thread and ive checked the jetting all seems to be stock just want to know if any one knows the correct oil mixture im using motorex cross power 2t synthetic mixing 20ml per litre of fuel should i use a non synthetic and if so any ideas??

Hi there Dodgy55, I guess you have a WR200 right? I used to run my bike (and all my friends did them same) on synthetic 2T oil in 20-25ml per litre of fuel. Never less than 20, never more than 25 and we have never had an issue. Especially on really tight trails (when we knew there would be lots of them) we kept it at 20 (or 2%). More than 2,5% will make the bike struggling to clear it's low rpm range.

Cheers, Fanis