Author Topic: repro fuel tank yz250h  (Read 4359 times)

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
repro fuel tank yz250h
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:11:18 PM »
Hi everyone, anyone bought a repro tank for a h 250? Let me know where you got it, and its quality and fit please.

cheers scott.
you cant beat the smell of 2stroke-on a cool morning-wen heading off on an adventure!

Offline cabmkr

• Yama-Hero
Re: repro fuel tank yz250h
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »
I haven't got one from Extreme YZ but his body work is very nice and he has the tanks. They may be made by Clarke tanks but not 100% sure

Chris
Bikes.....Lost count!

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »
Thanks chris. i just realised i posted in the 465 section. Oh well same thing. I have looked at a couple of pics of a yellow tank on a few different sites,one was justgastanks. I think the tank was a clarke but the tank just doesnt look right.

cheers scott
you cant beat the smell of 2stroke-on a cool morning-wen heading off on an adventure!

Offline stanc

• Yama-Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 01:55:53 AM »
I believe Clarke and Maier are the only two that make repro tanks for 250h's.  Of those, I would definitely want the Maier, which I think is what X-treme YZ has.  You might check out AMS Racing, also.

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
I had a look at extreme yz,and found a full kit. Got excited and then seen that they dont ship to australia :'( Vmx australia has the tanks but are out of stock,i will have to give them a ring because they dont answer email questions. Thanks for the info,i will keep looking.

cheers scott

Offline cabmkr

• Yama-Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 12:59:46 AM »
Scott,

Drop Scott a line, he may ship if you ask him, he is a good bloke, just keep in mind he is a small shop helping keep our vintage steeds on the trail or track. Now that I think about it I think the tanks are made by Maier as Stanc said

Cheers, Chris
Bikes.....Lost count!

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »
Scott,

Drop Scott a line, he may ship if you ask him, he is a good bloke, just keep in mind he is a small shop helping keep our vintage steeds on the trail or track. Now that I think about it I think the tanks are made by Maier as Stanc said

Cheers, Chris
Hey chris,thank you. I will give him a ring.

cheers scott.

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 11:31:14 PM »
Hello everyone,well i am needing a favour,i have searched extreme yz,i have tried to send scott a message but it doesnt seem to go through. It looks like he will send to australia,but i really wanted to know who makes the tank and plastics before i buy them. I also tried ringing him and it goes to a lady saying dirt cheap of roads or something like that. ??? Is there someone in the states that could ring him for me,i would really appreciate it. I just want the manufacturer of the yz250h plastics and tank and a definate he will send to aus. The number on his site is 7192001582. Hope someone can help.

thanks scott.

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »
Hi husky,and thanks for the reply and the call to scott. I will get straight on to it. 8) Much appreciated :)

cheers scott.

Offline dirt turtle

• Yama-Idol
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 10:15:30 PM »
Hi everyone. Well after a very long wait,i received my yz250h plastic kit from scott sears(extreme yz) in the usa. He threw in a uni filter and went me halves in the postage for my wait. All in all a very nice kit. The front and rear guard and side covers are very professional. The front plate is plain and needs mounts made and all the plastics need to be drilled but very happy. I will post up some pics soon as i can.

cheers scott.