Author Topic: The day my hair turned grey....  (Read 49931 times)

Offline Bigshorts

• Yama-God
Re: The day my hair turned grey....
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2016, 11:50:49 AM »

Top stuff Chris, most enjoyable

Shorts
When someone hands you a flyer, its like they are saying Here, you throw this away.

IT200 IT490 WR2500 IT175G x2  Ariel Red Hunter .. lots of parts unknown

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
  • To get ahead, it's one down, five up!
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2016, 09:27:39 AM »
f__k this computer sh_t...sick of it...poobucket has deleted a whole gamut of pics again...can't get the albums up at all...just watchin' a spinning icon for half hour.

I'm outa here!
A bike in the bush is worth two in the shed!

BMW-BSA-Ducati-Honda-Kawasaki-Lambretta-Matchless-Norton-Suzuki-Triumph-Vespa-Yamaha.

Dirty Dozen '13 DR650SE - '90 DR650RS - '82 IT465J - '82 IT250J - '80 GT80G - '77 A100B - '76 DT100C - '76 TC125 - '75 TM75 - '73 MX80 -       '73 TC100K - '69 TC120-1

Offline killindini1

• Yama-God
  • IT200L IT200S SDR200 WR250Z 1992
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »
The wheel on the bus goes round and round ;D ;D

I keep hammers,brick's and other heavy objects away from my computer :D

Cheers,
Steve.
Beer is more than just a breakfast drink

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
I keep hammers,brick's and other heavy objects away from my computer :D

Hmmm...good idea Steve, me...well I just go for a ride.  ;D ;D

Did that, some 110klms up into the hills and about the place...even spun some lures in Sugarloaf Reservoir. Great ride and had a bit of a think...maybe if I can reload all 68 pics into their respective albums I may do alright....all the pics are filed in order of the story captions, shouldn't be too difficult to quote my posts and amend them, just keep it methodical.

Uploaded the pics and whale oil beef hooked, the images have all reappeared as originally posted in the replies. No further ado.....

Bugger me!

Cheers,
Chris.

BMW-BSA-Ducati-Honda-Kawasaki-Lambretta-Matchless-Norton-Suzuki-Triumph-Vespa-Yamaha.

Dirty Dozen '13 DR650SE - '90 DR650RS - '82 IT465J - '82 IT250J - '80 GT80G - '77 A100B - '76 DT100C - '76 TC125 - '75 TM75 - '73 MX80 -       '73 TC100K - '69 TC120-1

Offline killindini1

• Yama-God
  • IT200L IT200S SDR200 WR250Z 1992
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »
See what happens when you go for a ride…PFM.

Cheers,
Steve.
Beer is more than just a breakfast drink

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:00 PM »
Magic is right....  ;)

So...better show coupla pics!

Roads I took were all back roads as best I could, Sugarloaf's only 30klm from home heading up Kinglake area. Roads were almost totally mine once I crossed the Yarra River and headed up and around...or down...

I thought last year had its fair share of wet days...being onna bike all the time....but they kept sayin' it was a dry year.

Seein' is believin'......  :o

I did a fair amount of spinning in this little cove with no touches. A few fish jumped but only inquisitive small fry followed my lures....not much bigger than them actually. Was a nice quiet place but restrictive fishing hours (10am - 4pm) means it not for the anglers.

Went the long way back home, basically just touring the hills in an arc back to a feeder road back home.

Cheers,
Chris.

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2016, 08:28:10 PM »
Rain cleared overnight so another ride was in order.....just a pity the wind didn't abate, southerly busters are fine heading north....not so when turning west then south....  :o :o

First I headed up to Lake Eppalock, water mob says it's only 21% full so I figured near the spillway/dam wall would be the better option....but gees was it windy.

Pulled in for my regular egg and bacon roll from Tooboruc General Store.....yummy farm produce......and soon was on the dirt back roads skirting lake eppalock....wind had me moving all over the place on the rutted gravel roads....plenty of trees down about the place too.

Now here's where me and expanses of water on windy days proved a decided lack of experience.....

First three casts with a spinner landed less than ten feet out....I tried from a sideways cast but still the wind trailed out lots of loose line and caught the small sticks......just too bl__dy windy.

Put a hook and ball sinker trace on, baited up with those same worms I bought week or so ago and managed a decent cast. Couldn't prop my rod as the wind just dragged the line in slack all the time....I gave up and headed further westwards.

Crossed over the Coliban River a couple of times and then after the second crossing I did a u-turn as I spotted the fence line was on the other side of the river for once.....  ;D

Would be a good (pretty) place in late winter/spring but was just piles of fire fuel now.....

I dropped a worm baited line in among these fallen trees, was getting tiny nibbles.....  :o

Bait was getting worn down from what I suspect are very young redfin or blackfish.....as I didn't hook one.

I tried one of the larger pools but they were only about two foot deep...then I spotted the grunters....bl__dy carp. Bit hard to see but there is about a 2kg carp, just left centre of pic......

Disappointed at that sight I headed off to Faraday and beyond.....a few kilometres to Expedition Pass Reservoir on Golden Point road, heading to Castlemaine........

This place looked better, nice clear deep water and somewhat protected from the wind. And I got some bites within a few minutes...I unpacked more gear......  ;D

Baited up one rod with worms and cast out. Propped that rod on my rod holder I found at Bonnie Doon few years ago, then set about doing some spinning.

Crazy....spinner is about 3" long all up and 4" redfin were following it in every cast....and smaller fry were scattering as these huge 4" ones came close to shore behind my line. Quite funny to watch.

Noticed my baited rod was slack and wound in this little tacker......

I did that about six times....if I was camping there I would have had a feed, but I threw them all back for next time. I rue that I didn't get some bait yabbies as I reckon that would be the go for some bigger fish.

Although it was really nice place to relax I had some distractions to focus on.....

Ahem......before I knew it, it was 4.30pm. Regretfully I had to leave, such a nice spot. Will definitely return one day with yabbies for bait, and a tent.

Was home at 6.20pm which surprised me as it was a vicious headwind and I thought I was going backwards at times. 380klms and 5 hours on the clock. No feed but I caught fish...only small but they were real fish and not carp!

Cheers 'til the next ride,
Chris.

Offline ty4

• Yama-God
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2016, 09:31:04 PM »
time santa shouted a new camera with a tele lens mate  ;D

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2016, 10:04:54 PM »
 :D :D Haha..yeah.

This one goes to 15x but loses "stability assist" after 10....so that's what ya' got. Biggest problem is not seeing the viewfinder....I need a hood or something!

Offline 2fITy.J

• Yama-God
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »
An opportunity to have one last ride of the holidays came to me saturday night. There was a practice day at the speedway circuit at Broadford Motorcycle Complex (where the big bike bonanza is held each easter).....a mate was riding up on his harley sunday mornin'(forum member with an IT425). He was catching up with one of his mates on the way there.

Sunday morning I head up the Warburton hwy and am cursing the ridiculous speed limits imposed for the 30klm journey....the road is a good one but speeds vary through 50-60-70-80 and 90 klm stretches, really have to be on your wits to keep track of the specific limit where you are. It is all for revenue, the road is very safe. Anyway....  ::)

We left my mates place and headed for Healesville....must say, he had me at a fair clip (or, bugger the speed limits) Skirted Healesville proper and took the windy's up through Chum Creek, Toolangi, past the turn off to Castella to meet a guy at the top of the slide (Melba Hwy, Toolangi forest)

Gotta say there were a lot of bikes about...hell of a lot....unfortunately, half of them were pushies. I really pity the car and 4x4 drivers as it was hard enough onna motorbike dodging them. Nothing worse than taking the inside line through a lefty with a left side rock wall and coming upon the lycra clad ar_e pointed directly at you as they streamline downhill.....not to mention their need to bunch up on the road for a chinwag.

Mate's mate was onna CB750 on red plate and sounded really nice....I like thier unique grumble and whine at the same time. We went down to the where the Glenburn Pub was and take Break O'Day road to Flowerdale, then off through Strath Creek, Murchison Gap to the complex.

On the way we came a cross a weird sight...spotto a dishevelled young hippy type trudging along about 5m off the road through the long dry grass....but about 50m up the road were his two dogs. One was a German Shepherd pretending to be a very happy labrador on speed. Tongue out, leaping about while running...all the time not looking anywhere in the direction of travel. The second dog was a wolf...just standing in the middle of the narrow road. I thought for sure my mate, leading on the harley, would scare it off the road....bl__dy thing didn't even look at the the harley, let alone move at all. The thought occured to me that hippy dude was looking for a little green bag but the dogs had already found it.....  ;)

Weren't long to get there either....must be wary of plodwatch. Put it this way, I did something I never thought was possible....I scraped my foot riding with trailwings. It was no "motard" moment either.....although the Murchison Gap is the perfect stage for some motard riding.

Practice day itself was excellent and well worth the ride. (or even drive if it came to that)

Return trip was just as frantic for the most part although staring at a large SVU flashing the headlights frantically distracted our attention (well at least mine) from the three recently shorn sheep meandering on our side of the road....they scattered somewhat when the harley went past them which left a lottery for me. Hard on the picks I squeezed between two of them and hoped they wouldn't panic as mate's mate was closing fast behind me. Was fair dinkum Phwoar moment.

Back home safe anyway....250 klms and 3 hours on the clock.....that's 2700klm all up this year.  Little less rubber on my tyres no doubt.

I took a swag of pics at broady and will post them up in a thread when I get some time to arrange/explain.

Cheers,
Chris.