Author Topic: Hi all ...pulled my old bike IT 125G (I think its a G) out of shed to restore  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Yamaha125g

• Yama-Cheese
My brothers bike.... he put indicators back on about 10 years ago ....to register it so he could ride short distsnce to train station....but my father reminded him of the promise he made him when he got the bike at 15...that he would never ever ride it on the road

Offline Jock

• Owner
  • Yama-God
    • Vinduro
Loving this story/stories. Keep it coming...  :)

Offline Yamaha125g

• Yama-Cheese
The clear plastic weld...on the tank...I am thinking if I cant find a tank in reasonable condition I will do a few more plastic welds...on the hairline cracks...not yet leaking and then do restoration.
Does anyone have any suggestions where I could get genuine looking replacement decals

Offline Yamaha125g

• Yama-Cheese
The crack was horizontal running on the line just below  the decal..
Ps I loved the forum posts on here about a tank restoration...I thought the plastic welds although clear would ruin tank forever

Offline Jock

• Owner
  • Yama-God
    • Vinduro
The clear plastic weld...on the tank...I am thinking if I cant find a tank in reasonable condition I will do a few more plastic welds...on the hairline cracks...not yet leaking and then do restoration.
Does anyone have any suggestions where I could get genuine looking replacement decals

Once it's cracking like that it's pretty much toasted. Welding won't fix it. The plastic is done.

Best find another tank that is in better condition that hasn't been exposed to the harsh Aussie UV rays!
I'm restoring a 125 tank at the moment it's coming along nicely.

http://www.yamahait.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,15245.0.html

Offline Tucson Rider

• Yama-Idol
Hey, all.  As I was working on my 125's, replacing one cracked tank with a spare, I notice the extra threaded inserts in the tank.  Sorry to bring up an old topic, but Jock's picture captured them so nicely.  They are alone and aren't for tank mounts or petcocks - what went there?  Or even better, what could I put there - anything cool like a little toolbag or something?  Hate to let threaded inserts go to waste.

-Adam

Offline fred99999au

• Yama-God
Looks like a boost bottle mount to me, Adam.

Offline Waynemex

• Yama-Pupil
Hey, all.  As I was working on my 125's, replacing one cracked tank with a spare, I notice the extra threaded inserts in the tank.  Sorry to bring up an old topic, but Jock's picture captured them so nicely.  They are alone and aren't for tank mounts or petcocks - what went there?  Or even better, what could I put there - anything cool like a little toolbag or something?  Hate to let threaded inserts go to waste.

-Adam

Dragging up an old post here... the inserts under the tank on mine have the horn bolted on.